Sunday, March 15, 2009

Childhood



Today I'm posting something very significant to my own personal beliefs and convictions.
I've never heard a song that I can relate to more than Michael Jackson's "Childhood."
It's a song full of longing, remorse, and an uplifting hope for the future.
Michael longs for the childhood he never had. The line I relate to the most is "Before you judge me...try hard to love me."

You see, I grew up and continue to be an overweight individual. I think my overweight brethren can agree with me when we say that being fat is not easy. Michael understands this feeling too, even though he is a skinny man. That's why he's the King of Pop--his messages are universal and can be understood by people all over the world of various nationalities and religious belief sets.

We as fat people are judged everyday by the media, the press, and the paparazzi.
People judge us before trying hard to love us.
I'm not one of those "glass half-full" people who thinks that fat is beautiful. I personally think fatness and obesity are a disgusting blemish on the skin of the human race. I would give anything not to be fat, and to have had a normal, un-fat childhood.
Have you seen my childhood? My un-fat childhood?

I listen to this song everyday on my IPod, and it's the ringtone on my IPhone and my Blackberry.

Michael knows what it's like to try hard to reach an unattainable goal. He's been spending his entire adult life trying to have the childhood he never had.  I can really relate to this. I've tried every weight loss method known to man--colon cleansing, exercise, and even healthy eating. Nothing works.

Speaking of which, I'm so f'ing sick of my weight loss progress. I've gained back most of the weight I lost the last few weeks--and I'VE BEEN EATING HEALTHY TOO!
I've been eating lots of Wendy's salads, lots of Arby's roast beef, lots of Domino's Pizza and have been having Shamrock Shakes at McDonald's before bed.

It's so unfair, I just feel like the world is conspiring against me. But I can't give up. Just like Michael, how he's stuck with it, kept in the game for all these years, never lost his magic touch despite what the paparazzi has done to tarnish his reputation. HE'S A GOOD, NORMAL PERSON! Just like you or me! 


No comments: