Sunday, February 7, 2010

Powerlight

Earth Wind and Fire's "Powerlight" has proven to be one of the most enjoyable listening experiences of early 2010.
Not only is the album extremely unique in its sound and production, its lyrics contain powerful, uplifting messages that we can all agree with. Sometimes I read the lyrics from the liner notes while I am sitting on the toilet. I've been sitting on the toilet alot lately, as I've had some chronic diarrhea issues that need to be dealt with. I've been in the bathroom at least five to six times per day. After I unleash my load, I always stay to sit for a little longer in case of another earthquake in my bowels. Thusly, I've had lots of time to really read the lyrics from "Powerlight" in depth. EWF touch on everything from love to spirituality to cosmic consciousness and Egyptian symbolism, usually within the course of one song. I sternly recommend you purchase from Amazon.com. If you can't afford the whole CD right now, I recommend purchasing individual MP3s from Amazon.com




Best song: Side by Side
Worst song: Freedom of Choice

5 Stars

Pros: Great tunes, great production, great lyrics
Cons: Some of the songs suck and the production is kind of weird.

No comments: